Sunday, July 1, 2018

Eggless Cake - Using Psyllium husk

Hello All,

Here's the recipe for an eggless chocolate cake using Sat Isabgol (psyllium husk) as a replacement for eggs........[recipe adjusted from Riddhi Jhankharia's process]. Since I always avoid using butter and maida for my cooking, I've altered the recipe (got it right after failing a few times!) to incorporate whole grain atta and normal cooking oil......








Ingredients


100 g Whole grain Atta (I've used Ashirwad Multi-grain atta)

1 tsp Baking Powder (Urban Platter gluten free)

1/4 tsp Baking Soda

~ 80 g powdered sugar

1.5 tsp Psyllium husk (isabgol)  (soaked in around 30 ml water)

3 tablespoon Amul Fresh cream (~ 40 g)

65 g hot Milk (steaming hot milk)

30 g Cooking oil (I've used Fortune Sun Lite sunflower oil)

11 g Cocoa Powder (I've used Hershey's unsweetened cocoa)

1 tsp Vanilla essence

And for the process, here's the video:

Happy Baking!

PS: If you want to replace anything in the recipe, you'll need to try it out. I used what I had at hand.....

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic Post! Lot of information is helpful in some or the other way. Keep updating organic psyllium husk powder

    ReplyDelete